You must have heard about the Tinder Application that allows the mutually interested users to chat with each other by using social discovery ways of Facebook for finding people. It is popularly labeled as a ‘dating’ app. Billions of lonely and lovely users are using it since its launch in 2012. ‘Swiping’ is what it takes to make matches. With its features like ‘Super Like’, one increases the chances of finding and getting the right match. This ‘online dating’ app apparently reduces the chance of embarrassment one faces during the actual dating. So, if you want to date someone, give this app a sure chance as well.
If you have used this App, but somehow you are not interested in it and finding some other similar App, we can help you with that. There are some Apps which are following the footsteps of the Tinder App, and some are even going ahead of it. Some Apps are using heart rate to decide the direction of swipe instead of their hand. Isn’t it incredible?
So, here’s a compiled list of best alternative Apps for Tinder which can be used on platforms like Android and iOS.
Apps like Tinder for Android and iOS (iPhone/iPad)
1. Happn: This App has a distinctive feature. It shows a list of people who have shared the same location once in the near past. Do not confuse it with the people from the same area. The method is just simple, once you like someone, and the same person liked you back, you can start chatting with each other and decide your future actions. By getting some credit and referrals, you can even send a Charm to someone for grabbing instant attention to yourself.
2. MeetMe: This App also helps to find new people nearby who share the same interests as yours. It is available as a free App, but it has an options premium subscription service as well. This App is for iOS users only. There is no restriction regarding age, nationality or background on this App. So, you can use it as per your wish.
3. The Game by Hot or Not: This App uses play and fun- way to find the coolest people around you. To use this App for finding people, what you need to do is to download the App and Sign in via Facebook. Once you do that, just upload some of your best photos and play the game to get your Fans. Your game decides your popularity on the App. Whether you are in college, music festival or anywhere, this App will help you locate where all the coolest people are.
4. Zoosk: Whether you want to meet the local singles or find special someone, this App lets you do that in just a few minutes. There is a unique feature associated with it: Photo Verification. A green badge displays the photo of the members that pass the Zoosk Photo Verification procedure.
5. OkCupid: This App is in vogue right now. OkCupid is available for both Android and iOS. The features are similar to Tinder, but it has a premium version as well. To get the perfect matches, you just need to enter some of your correct details. Several features like advanced filter, incognito mode are just icing on the cake. Although, these features are available in the premium version, for those who are new to the online dating, the free version is just sufficient for them.
6. Bumble: Bumble is the best App used to break the silence of women. The lack of response that guys get from their female counterparts at Tinder can be counter balanced at this App. This app requires female counterpart to initiate the chat. If you reply the female, and the female does not respond within 24 hours, the match stands canceled. All the other features like swiping etc. are similar to Tinder.
7. Lovoo: You can consider Lovoo as a paid alternative for tinder. It uses the same swiping function as used by Tinder. By using this App, you can directly like someone or send chat requests to them. It has features like Invisible Mode, Unlimited Chat, etc. that makes the user experience better, but the only drawback is that we have to pay for using these features.
8. Woo: On this dating-matchmaking App, one gets the chance to meet people based on their lifestyle and interests, rather than just location. This App claims to help individuals who are in search of some meaningful relationships. Only educated professionals and engaging personalities are given membership in this exclusive community.
9. Tastebuds (iOS): This is again an iOS App. Instead of using only the location, this App uses music as a tool for finding the people who share the same interests. Finding concert buddies, new friends and dating partners have never been so interesting as offered by this App. What you need to do is browse the simple music matches and send the song back to start the conversation.
10. Hinge: This App uses the old way of finding someone i.e. through friends. Hook uses no game, traditional song and likes strategy to find people, but just the friends of friend approach. If you want to find something real and say bye to swiping strangers, Hinge is surely for you.
There is an endless list of apps similar to Tinder for Android and iOS. Which one to use depends on the way you love to find someone perfect for you. Game, music, likes or dislikes, lifestyle, interests and much more criterions like these are used by these apps to find the perfect match that you cannot deny their usefulness for you. If you know any other happening Apps like these, please do share them with us.
Use these Apps at least for once to find someone special. Who knows, if anyone of them can do wonders in your life? If you like these Apps or article, please do share them with others also.